Sponsored by :
November 9, 2019, 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Estero Recreation Center
9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd, Estero
CHRISTIN COLLINS TO KEYNOTE COMMUNITY FORUM
Christin Collins, community advocate and national speaker, will keynote the first public forum sponsored by Women For a Better Lee and Lee Future, two new citizen organizations working for change in Lee County. Collins’ keynote talk is entitled “Be the Change You Want to See.”
The program will also include:
- Ruth Watkins, President of the Board of Directors, Calusa Waterkeepers, discussing public health and water quality
- Marsha Ellis, leader of the Inner Loop Working Group, a grassroots citizens group of neighbors opposed to the siting of a waste transfer station in their community
- David Farmer, CEO, Metro Forecasting Models, examining population trends in Lee County over the next decade
- Robyn Cook, former 2-term City Council member of Wayzata, Minnesota speaking about the need for citizens to be engaged and run for office
- Margaret Banyan, PhD, Professor, Political Science & Public Administration, FGCU, will moderate the forum
The forum is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. To register: www.eventbrite.com and search for “Saving Paradise.”
Women For a Better Lee is a movement led by women and comprised of Lee County voters who seek good governance, smartly-planned growth and a more livable community. To get on our mailing list, email: WFBL2020@gmail.com; Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WomenForABetterLee
Lee Future is a local organization and news source representing the interests of all Lee County, FL residents from Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Estero, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Lehigh Acres, Matlacha, Pine Island, Sanibel, and other unincorporated areas. We want to help shine a light on what’s happening in our area and provide residents with full access to local issues so they can stay informed and engaged.
Join our email list by clicking using the form below or follow us on the social media platform of your choice.